There are a few ways to create a new checklist with our didit checklist app. It just depends on your initial point. For instance, you can generate checklists from the didit hub, a Jira Issue, a Confluence page, and many more. Find a detailed list of different starting points for your checklist creation below.
Let’s look at how to create a checklist in a Confluence page.
1. Navigate to the page where you would like to create the checklist or create a new page.
2. If you choose to add the checklist to an existing page, click the pencil icon (edit button) to edit the page.
3. If you create a new page, be sure to give your page a title.
4. Either way, locate the part of the page you would like to create the checklist and type "/" to bring up the macro browser. You can also use the "+" symbol in the Confluence editor toolbar.
5. Start typing "didit" to pull up the "didit checklist" macro and press enter.
6. You can start typing out your tasks right away if you want to create a new checklist. Just be sure to give your checklist a name. If you want to create from a template, go to the next step.
7. To create a checklist from a template, click the "..." in the top right of the macro editor and choose "Replace with template."
8. Choose your template and give it a new name if necessary.
9. Your checklist will show on the Confluence editor now. You can update or publish your page if you are finished editing.
Did you know that you can generate a template from within the macro editor? Just click the list icon on the right and see for yourself!
Not what you were looking for? Check out other ways to create a checklist:
- Use a public link to create a new checklist
- Create a checklist from a Confluence page
- Embed a checklist template in a Confluence page template and generate new checklists each time you create a new page from this page template
- Create a checklist from a Jira issue
- Create a checklist from your checklist mobile app
- Scan a QR code to create a new checklist with your smartphone