Jira issues help you to follow up on bigger tasks while a checklist is better at reminding you of things that need to be done. There are a number of use cases for converting checklist items to Jira issues but the root cause is generally the same; the scope of the checklist item is larger than initially expected.
This is how you convert a checklist item to a Jira issue.
1. Every checklist task can be converted into a Jira issue. Just navigate to your checklist and click the "..." next to the checklist task you would like to convert.
2. The create issue dialogue will populate and you can enter the necessary information to create the issue.
3. After you click "Create", the created issue will show in the checklist task description including a link.
4. You can also create a subtask with a single click in the meatball menu (as long as you are not already in a sub-task issue type).
5. Without any modal or further input needed a subtask will be created and linked to the Jira parent issue. If you need to enter more details you can reload the ticket and your sub-task will be in the child issues section.
This feature requires an active Jira account. It only works in the context of Jira. Sub-task creation is only possible within a Jira issue that is not already a Sub-task. If you would like more information on which fields will show from Jira issues in checklist items please check out the Jira integration in didit checklists page.
Your direct line to us - because we're more than just software, we're a community. Whether you have burning questions, technical challenges, brilliant ideas, or just want to say hello, this is the place to do it. Feel free to choose the option that suits your needs best, and let's start a conversation.
Our experts are here to guide you through every feature and answer all your questions. Don't miss out on this opportunity to supercharge your productivity.