You will find this page useful if you use one or more of the following Confluence apps or use their enterprise features:
- App Center
- Enterprise News Bundle
- Linchpin Theme Plugin
- Navigation Menu Editor
- Linchpin Touch
- Custom User Profile
As the result of a strategic realignment of our products, all enterprise features such as personalization functions will only be available in combination with the Linchpin Manager app.
Personalized app recommendations, mandatory apps for users (App Center)
- Personalized Cover Stories, News Feeds for users (ENB)
Personalized navigation elements for users (NME)
What is Linchpin?
- Linchpin is our intranet suite based on Confluence.
- It consists of Confluence as the basis plus many different apps extending Confluence into a full and powerful intranet software product.
- A core feature of Linchpin is the personalization of the structure (e.g. navigation) and content (e.g. news).
- To manage personalization more easily, we have developed the Linchpin Manager app.
Why this change?
- The Linchpin Manager app is based on the strategic development of our intranet suite Linchpin and provides a strong foundation for future innovations.
- We want to offer individual Linchpin apps as standalone and competitive products as slimmer versions on the Atlassian Marketplace.
- Core functions, previously integrated in all of these applications, are now centrally managed via the Linchpin Manager app. This is the key for exchanging data across all Linchpin apps.
- The Linchpin Manager app also provides you with an overview of the status of Linchpin (apps, licenses, integrations, etc.)
What is the Linchpin Manager app?
- The Linchpin Manager app is located at the center of Linchpin and allows the various Linchpin apps to exchange data and communicate with each other.
- More simply, the Linchpin Manager app is the new control center for all Linchpin apps.
- The Linchpin Manager app provides an overview of all Linchpin apps, checks their status and whether they have a valid license.
- In addition, the Linchpin Manager app supports data exchange between the individual Linchpin apps and enables advanced features in the apps.
The Linchpin Manager app is only visible in the administration area of Confluence.
When does this change take effect?
- The Linchpin Manager app will be available in the Atlassian Marketplace from early October.
At that time, new versions of the apps mentioned above will be available in the Marketplace.
When you update one of the apps, personalization features within the app will be initially disabled.
What does that mean for me?
- First: Don't panic!
- You will still be able to use all the features of your apps.
- You will simply need to have a valid version of the Linchpin Manager app to use those features.
What do I have to do right now?
- If you are actively using the personalization features in one of these apps, please contact us.
- We will help you to ensure that all functions are still available and that they will not be subject to any restrictions.