+++ IMPORTANT +++
Unfortunately, the versions 3.2.0 and 3.2.1 contain an error which results in the logins stored in the app no longer being available after the update. The error occurs under iOS as well as under Android. The cause of the error is known and fixed with release 3.3.0 of Linchpin Mobile for iOS and Android.
Important: The logins that were stored in the app are not deleted and can be in most cases be restored with version 3.3.0. The current behaviour is only a display error. We therefore recommend to communicate the following procedure internally:
- If a new login has already been added after the update to version 3.2.0 or 3.2.1, the app can continue to be used normally, the new login remains valid even after updating to version 3.3.0.
- If no new login has been added after the update to version 3.2.0 or 3.2.1, version 3.3.0 will restore the old logins.
We are sorry for any inconveniences caused by this issue.
Advice for providing users with a new login when working remote
If a user has faced this issue he or she needs to add a new login to his or her Linchpin intranet. This can be done either on site in the office by an administrator creating a new code and having it scanned by the employee, or fully digital / remote.
For this purpose, an administrator can create a new QR code for another user in the admin area and simply forward it as an image file to the corresponding employee (e.g. via email). The code is valid for 24 hours and can only be used for exactly one scan - all in all a very secure procedure. In this way, you can get employees who were affected by the error back on the system without on-site contact.
If you have any further questions on this or need support please contact us via http://seibert.biz/help.
With this version the app gets a completely new technical foundation - it is now more stable, modern and faster. Also we added support with Confluence's read only mode for Data Center instances.
- Appealing and modern design of the user interface.
- Support for vimeo video playback.
- Added support for Read Only mode in Confluence Data Center instances.
- Improved editor for microblog posts and page comments.
- Massive increase in performance when opening the app and loading content.
- Improved stability for Linchpin Mobile Gateway connections.
- Fixed an issue with the connection test for the Linchpin Mobile Gateway which failed although there was no actual error.
- Fixed numerous other minor (and also some not-so-minor) bugs.
Fixed an issue that prevented Linchpin Mobile from being enabled in Confluence instances based on Java 11.
Fixed an issue related to image file caching.
Compatibility & Requirements
We recommend to always keep up with the latest versions of Linchpin Mobile as well as the integrated Linchpin apps for full feature support, stability and security.
- This release of the Linchpin Mobile Device Apps (iOS + Android) requires Linchpin Mobile Confluence App version 3.0.0 or later.
- This release of the Linchpin Mobile Confluence App requires Linchpin Mobile Device App version 3.0.0 or later.
Please note that full functionality can only be guaranteed if you use the most recent version of both components named above.
- This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Atlassian Confluence Server version 6.8.0 or later.
- This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Atlassian Confluence Data Center version 6.8.0 or later.
In order to get the most out of Linchpin Mobile you need to meet the following requirements for the corresponding sections within Linchpin Mobile:
- News: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Linchpin Enterprise News' version 2.9.0 or later.
- Microblog: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Microblogging for Confluence' version 4.4.0 or later.
- Contacts: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Linchpin User Profiles' version 2.17.1 or later.
- Linchpin Theme: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Confluence app 'Linchpin Theme Plugin' version 2.17.2 or later in order to properly display Linchpin Teaser and Layout Box macros.
- Linchpin Events: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Confluence app 'Linchpin Events' version 2.2.4 or later in order to properly display Event macros.
Please note that full functionality can only be guaranteed if you use the most recent version of the components named above. For a list of supported macros in Linchpin Mobile please see http://seibert.biz/linchpinmobilemacros.
Third party apps
Linchpin Mobile offers additional features when connected to third party apps:
- Analytics: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Viewtracker' version 5.4.0 or later in order to support some basic analytics features.
- No labels