Insert the news feed on a page
In a first step you'll insert the Corporate News Feed macro into a page where you want to display it.
News source configuration
If you don't plan to personalize the news according to a user's profile attributes, you can simply define one or more spaces or use the news categories. If you don't configure anything but simply insert the macro on your page, it will show all kinds of news from all spaces. This is also the default configuration.
You can use almost any combination of spaces, labels and categories:
If you leave the field empty, the feed will draw news from all spaces in your Confluence instance.
|If you enter a single space, all the news for this feed will come from this specific space.
|If you enter several spaces, the news will com from one of those spaces (as if you said "from space 1 OR space 2")
If you leave the field empty, the feed will draw all news from the specified space(s), no matter what labels are applied to them
|If you enter a single label, all the news for this feed will come from the specified space(s) AND they have to be tagged with the specified label
|If you enter several labels, all the news will come from the specified space(s) AND they have to be tagged with ALL OF the specified labels
Linking labels with OR
If your news concept calls for a linking of labels with OR, you can do so by defining a news section in the admin interface and select "News section" within the tile. Please read LEN - Define News Sections for personalization for further information.
In order to display personalized news in your feed you'll choose the option "News section". A dropdown menu will offer all existing news sections. Just select the one or several you want to be displayed.
If you want to define more news sections for personalization, please refer to LEN - Define News Sections for personalization.
Please note that for use of the personalization feature you'll need the additional Linchpin Manager app.
To display news from a certain category in your feed you'll choose the option "News categories". A dropdown menu will offer all existing categories. Just select the one you want to be displayed. You can enter one or several categories.
If you leave the field empty, the feed will draw all news from the specified space(s), no matter what categories are applied to them
|If you enter a single category name, all the news for this feed will come from the specified space(s) AND they have to be tagged with the specified category
|If you enter several category names, all the news will come from the specified space(s) AND they have to be tagged with ALL OF the specified categories
Layouts for your Corporate News Feed
There are two layout options for your news feed:
- The default layout contains preview images, social features, a text excerpt, information about space, category, author and date.
- The compact layout consists of a lean table containing the date, author, category and title of the news.
You can configure both of these layouts further: Decide which information you want to see and which you don't by checking the respective checkboxes.
Navigation to previous news in your Corporate News Feed
- Scrolling via arrows is one way to access older news within the Corporate News Feed macro. The height of the macro in your layout will always stay the same, it depends on how many news items are being loaded initially and how much information they contain. At the bottom of the listing there's two arrows that let you scroll down within the macro to access older news or up again to more recent news.
- Loading via button is the default setting. If this is selected, your Corporate News Feed macro will show a button at the bottom of the list of news that's initially loaded. Clicking the button will load in older news. The more news you load in, the longer the macro gets. Reloading the Confluence page will set the macro back to its initial state.
Options for your Corporate News Feed
- The number of news you want to display initially. If there are more news available than the number you define here, the feed will offer a button to load more news. The sorting is chronologically, so new postings will be displayed on top.
- If you want the links within a news item to open in a new window or tab, select the checkbox "New window/tab".
- No labels