- Created by //SEIBERT/MEDIA employee, last modified by Administrator on Jan 08, 2020
Linchpin Enterprise News
The tool for efficient corporate communication
See the documentation for your Release
Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with Linchpin Enterprise News is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. Linchpin Enterprise News offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a teaser image with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of Linchpin Enterprise News.
2.10.2 Release Notes
- Fixes a bug that broke the compact layout of corporate news feed and personal news feed.
2.10.1 Release Notes
- Fixes a bug that prevented proper use of news magazines for users with Internet Explorer 11 and Confluence lower than 6.7.
2.10 Release Notes
News Magazines, new design option, Confluence 7 compatible
- Aggregate thematically related news from all over your Confluence to create dedicated news magazines, flexible and visually attractive. Please reindex your system for all changes to take full effect!
- Thanks to a new scroll navigation for the news feed macros, these macros won't get longer and longer anymore when browsing through previous news, so layouts with news feed macros won't break.
- Refresh the look of your Linchpin and display news tiles in Cover Stories and the News Hub in a new and modern full-image design.
- Linchpin Enterprise News is now compatible with Confluence 7.
Please share your own ideas and help us prioritize: https://linchpin.canny.io/linchpin-enterprise-news
- Configuration changes concerning news sections, news categories, magazines and the news portal are documented using the Confluence audit log
- Blog post preview doesn't show all elements for anonymous users (but honestly, who grants editing permission for news to anonymous users? )
- There is a compatibility issue with the Brikit Theme. This shows when saving a blog post and results in lost metadata (e.g. teaser settings, sticky settings, publish time).
- When a user subscribed all blog posts in her email settings, the user will receive a mention immediately after a blog post is created even if the blog post has not been approved.
- When a user is mentioned in a blog post, that is part of an approval workflow, the user will receive a mention immediately. This happens even if the blog post has not been approved and might leak information to the specific user.
- When using Linchpin Enterprise News and NoEmailStorm, the NoEmailStorm buttons will not show while editing blog posts
Important when upgrading!
We are planning to remove the deprecated News Teaser macro with version 3.0. You’ll find a button for migrating old ones in the administration.
Have you found a bug or a missing feature? Please contact us via www.seibert.biz/help. Let's build a great product together!
- No labels
This content was last updated on 01/08/2020.
This content hasn't been updated in a while. That doesn't have to be a problem. Some of our pages live for years without becoming obsolete. Please click this link if you want us to update this page. Old content can be incorrect, misleading or outdated. Please get in contact with us via a form on this page, our live chat or via email with firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in doubt, have a question, suggestion, or want changes from us.