1. Install Confluence
First you have to install a naked Confluence instance. Please follow Atlassians installation guide:
2. Activate and Configure the plugins
Now that you have a Confluence instance you can start adding the plugins. Let's start configuring the plugins to meet our Intranet needs. This part is still a more "technical" preparation of your Confluence instance. If you plan to have a colleague focus on the content work, you should still take over this administration to get them going faster and reduce complexity.
Install the following plugins
In a nutshell, the Confluence-based Intranet LINCHPIN consists of a variety of different plugins. That's why we ask you to install these to complete the basic installation of your Linchpin intranet. Some of these - the LINCHPIN core plugins - are developed by //SEIBERT/MEDIA:
- Custom User Profile (available on Marketplace)
- Navigation Menu Editor (available on Marketplace)
- Edit Lock (available on Marketplace)
- Easy Events (available on Marketplace)
- Microblogging (available on Marketplace)
- Duplicate Content Defender (available on Marketplace)
- Theme-Archetype (available on request through //SEIBERT/MEDIA)
- Highlights & News / News Feeds (available on request through //SEIBERT/MEDIA)
- AppStore (available on request through //SEIBERT/MEDIA)
- Profile Based Content (available on request through //SEIBERT/MEDIA)
Others come from 3rd Party vendors. We suggest you to install and test these:
- Comala Workflows (Comala Document Management)
- Advanced Tables
- Cenote Lockpoint - Attachment Checkout (formerly Arsenale Lockpoint)
Some more instructions for the Theme
Ideally, in your Intranet you want a design that matches your Corporate Identity instead of dealing with the standard Confluence theme. But a well-crafted, custom theme is a lot of work by designers and front-end developers. This is why we cannot provide any custom theme at this point. However, we want to give you some idea of what a theme could look like, and have included our LINCHPIN demo theme.
So, let's go with this for now. Please contact us for help in adapting the design to the needs of your company.
- Go to the administration area and click on Themes in the section Look & Feel on the left column:
- Select the LINCHPIN theme and activate it. The direct URL to get there is:
- Go to your homepage and you will see the blank, unconfigured version of the theme.
- The configuration of the dashboard can be done at the "Default Welcome Message" which you can find under the "Global Templates".
We recommend to disable the Comala Workflow (Comala Document Management) Tasks on the Dashboard:
Next, navigate to the section "Manage add-ons" in the administration area. The direct URL is:
Search for "Comala" and expand the "Comala Workflows" (Comala Document Management) add-on. Then expand the modules, as shown in the following screenshot:
Disable "Dashboard resources" in the list of modules. You'll easily find it by searching for "Dashboard resources" on the page with the help of your browser software (usually CTRL+F, or CMD+F on a Mac):