On this page
Migrate to Linchpin Essentials in four steps
Backup your data
To back up your data, please make a copy of the database first. This is usually done by your Confluence system administrator.
Buy and install Linchpin Essentials
Now, install the latest version of the Linchpin Essentials app.
To do this, either upload the installation file onto your server or install the app via Atlassian Marketplace.
It is not necessary to update any individual Linchpin apps before you upgrade to Linchpin Essentials.
1) First of all, please make sure that all Essentials apps are listed in the Confluence App Manager. These apps should also be listed as active.
List of apps that are installed with a current Linchpin Essentials version and have to be active:
- Collapsible Admin Menu
- Linchpin Communicator
- Linchpin Essentials
- Linchpin Suite - API
- Linchpin Theme
- Linchpin Theme - Navigation Menus
- Linchpin Theme - Sidebar
- Linchpin Theme - Space Directory
- Linchpin Usage Tracking
- Linchpin User Profiles
- Linchpin User Profiles - Content Responsibility
The following apps remain in the system from the previous Linchpin Theme-only or Linchpin User Profiles-only installation and should be uninstalled (or at least deactivated) to prevent side effects:
- Linchpin Iconfront
- This app is obsolet.
- Linchpin Theme (Custom Landing Spaces)
- This app is no longer part of the Linchpin Theme app; it is now included in the Linchpin Intranet Suite bundle.
- Linchpin Theme - Confluence Default Theme
- This app is now implemented as a module of the Linchpin Theme app and no longer a standalone app.
- Linchpin Theme - Login
- This app is also now implemented as a module of the Linchpin Theme app and no longer a standalone app.
2) Then, re-index all your pages. You can do that in Confluence administration → Administration → Content indexing → Search Indexes.
More optional steps:
3) Make sure that your Linchpin Theme is activated.
Navigate to Confluence administration → Look and Feel → Themes to do that. Also, please make sure that the navigation menu is activated. This can be done in Confluence administration → Linchpin → Theme → Configuration → Navigation → Display navigation.
4) It might be needed to clear all Confluence caches.
To do this, navigate to Confluence administration → Administration → Cache Management and click on the Flush all button.
Then, perform a quality assurance review on the apps and data as needed.
Optional: Deactivate not needed apps
Linchpin Essentials is a bundle featuring Linchpin Theme, Linchpin User Profiles and the Collapsible Admin Menu.
All Linchpin apps can be fully disabled if you don't wish to use them.
To disable an app, navigate to Confluence administration → Manage apps.
Find the app you wish to disable, open its tab and click on the Disable button.
After the migration
Once you migrated your individual app(s) to Linchpin Essentials, you might want to check out our documentation on First Steps with Linchpin Essentials.