Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with Linchpin Enterprise News is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. Linchpin Enterprise News offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a teaser image with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of Linchpin Enterprise News.
2.9.1 Release Notes
Security and bugfix release
Fixed security issues
- XSS vulnerability for page excerpts in the macros Covers Stories, Personal News Feed and Corporate News Feed
- XSS vulnerability for video URLs in video news teasers
- XSS vulnerabilities for page title and space name in news scheduling overview
- Corporate news feed in mobile view now has a "show older news" button.
- The news scheduling overview can now filter space names with special characters like "(".
- News post links from the Cover Stories are opened in the same tab again.
2.9 Release Notes
Subscriptions in news hub, permission-based sticky news, mobile macro support
- Let your users show and manage their news subscriptions right in the news hub. You don't need to have a Personal News Feed macro for that anymore.
- Define in which spaces the sticky news feature is available – and who can use it. No more clogging of news feeds because everyone makes their news stick to the top.
- With some custom CSS, you can show the date a blog post has been last modified. See our admin documentation for details.
You can share your own ideas and help us prioritize: https://linchpin.canny.io/linchpin-enterprise-news
- We have improved the display of our news macros in Linchpin Mobile and the mobile Confluence view. They now show a link to the appropriate sections.
- Blog post preview doesn't show all elements for anonymous users (but honestly, who grants editing permission for news to anonymous users? )
- There is a compatibility issue with the Brikit Theme. This shows when saving a blog post and results in lost metadata (e.g. teaser settings, sticky settings, publish time).
- When a user subscribed all blog posts in her email settings, the user will receive a mention immediately after a blog post is created even if the blog post has not been approved.
- When a user is mentioned in a blog post, that is part of an approval workflow, the user will receive a mention immediately. This happens even if the blog post has not been approved and might leak information to the specific user.
- When using Linchpin Enterprise News and NoEmailStorm, the NoEmailStorm buttons will not show while editing blog posts
Important when upgrading!
We are planning to remove the deprecated News Teaser macro with version 3.0. You’ll find a button for migrating old ones in the administration.
Have you found a bug or a missing feature? Please contact us via www.seibert.biz/help. Let's build a great product together!
- No labels