- Created by //SEIBERT/MEDIA employee, last modified by Administrator on Jun 28, 2019
Linchpin Enterprise News
The tool for efficient corporate communication
See the documentation for your Release
Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with Linchpin Enterprise News is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. Linchpin Enterprise News offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a teaser image with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of Linchpin Enterprise News.
2.6.3 Release Notes
Compatibility and bugfix release
established compatibility with Confluence 6.14
fixed a bug concerning mobile view and login screen which resulted in a separate login popup
2.6.2 Release Notes
Data Center approved release
- Data Center approved release
2.6.1 Release Notes
- We have fixed a text eating bug.
2.6 Release Notes
Improvements and bug fixes
Important when upgrading!
We are planning to remove the deprecated News Teaser macro with version 3.0. You’ll find a button for migrating old ones in the administration.
- Configure the default duration for sticky news
- Default subscriptions can now be personalized (in combination with Linchpin Manager)
- News tiles now fall back to "title on color" if a teaser image goes missing
- News tiles in Cover Stories and News Center now behave identically on hover
- When clicking a space name in a news macro, the overlay now shows news from spaces with a key like "0001"
- The Web Feeds macro now shows the date of entries
- The Cover Stories don't jump erratically between slides anymore, and they now appear reliably within NaviTabs
- Fixed a stubborn tool tip that refused to go away
- Admins can now assign permissions for mandatory news again
- Fixed news teaser images not showing after uploading
- The kicker line is now included again when exporting news to pdf
- In rare cases, Internet Explorer 10 doesn't work properly with manual settings for news teaser images
- When a user subscribed all blog posts in her email settings, the user will receive a mention immediately after a blog post is created even if the blog post has not been approved.
- Blog post preview doesn't show all elements for anonymous users (but honestly, who grants editing permission for news to anonymous users? )
- There is a compatibility issue with the Brikit Theme. This shows when modifying a blog post and results in lost teaser settings.
Have you found a bug or a missing feature? Please contact us via www.seibert.biz/help. Let's build a great product together!
- No labels
This content was last updated on 06/28/2019.
This content hasn't been updated in a while. That doesn't have to be a problem. Some of our pages live for years without becoming obsolete. Please click this link if you want us to update this page. Old content can be incorrect, misleading or outdated. Please get in contact with us via a form on this page, our live chat or via email with firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in doubt, have a question, suggestion, or want changes from us.