Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with the Enterprise News bundle is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. The Enterprise News Bundle offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a News Teaser macro with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of the Enterprise News Bundle.
Personalization as a key feature
There's nothing more personal than the Personal News Feed. This macro allows users to decide, what news they want to read there. Corporate News Feed an Cover Stories macros are configured by an admin or editor, but they still offer a high level of personalization via the use of news sections. They allow for a personalized news stream based on the reader's profile information.
1.3 Release Notes
We made the Enterprise News Bundle fully compatible with Confluence 6.x
- When you edit your news as a team with Synchrony turned on („concurrent editing“), the additional data will be synchronized, too.
- Work with Synchrony and still use our built in approval workflow.
- We made sure Synchrony and Enterprise News Bundle work together nicely - in each of at least 30 possible combinations.
- News items that use the news teaser type „quote“ now have a link to their fulltext view in Corporate and Personal News Feeds.
- We adapted the mobile view to show kicker line and sticky status.
- We fixed a bug that cropped pictures instead of scaling them when a news feed was placed inside a tab.
- We fixed another bug concerning the sharing of news within the Cover Stories macro.
- Another bug was fixed that occurred under Confluence 5.8.x and prevented publication of news without having opened the additional information tab at least once.
- And finally we fixed a bug that made the „read more“ link in news feeds disappear after resizing the browser window.
This was a hard one. The pest exterminator clearly deserves some cake.
- No labels