Stash by Atlassian is a central system to create and manage Git repositories, where the complete distributed code comes together. Since few projects consist of only one single repository, Stash offers a comfortable project structure which allows to quickly and easily access, organize and manage repositories.
Video recordings of the interviews (Playlist)
Demo: Integration of JIRA, Stash, and Bamboo for Git Development Teams
Git Repository Management with Stash: Interview with Giancarlo Lionetti (Atlassian)
Advantages of Git & Stash: Interview with Jens Schumacher (Atlassian)
Git Repository Management with Stash (Trailer)
Stash - Git Repository Management (long)
Git Repository Management with Stash - Demo
- What is git?
- What as the strength and weaknesses of the software?
- But I am quite happy with Subversion (SVN). What is all this fuss about? Is there a substantial trend for distributed versioning control systems (DVCS)?
- Isn't DVCS something for small teams and startups? I am working in a very big company. We value established things way more than the cutting edge stuff, that may not be here to stay.
- Okay. Let's say we go with DVCS. Why should I take git and not mercurial?
- I like, that git allows our developers to host the complete repository on his local machine. That makes software development faster. So why do you I need Stash on top?
- How do you use this rights management with Stash? How does it work? Will developers only get have a repository? Is that still functional then?
- What is a pull request? What is this for? Aren't we sharing all code with all developers and let everyone do what he wants? Is that only for hierachical software development methods?
- How would you summarize the advantages of Stash in short?
- What is the one reason, that your customers give Atlassian today on why they purchase Stash?
- Can you offer us a small sneak peak into your upcoming next releases? Is there anything, that you can share first hand with us?
- What is your general roadmap for stash? Where do you want to position it near and long term?
- Do you ultimately plan to support Mercurial? When is a good time to buy Stash, if I run with hg at the moment?
- Why should I go for Stash in favor of GitHub Enterprise or RhodeCode?
- Why is Stash a separated product and not part of Bitbucket. I could imagine seeing Bitbucket Enterprise resembling GitHub Enterprise.
- Is Atlassian using Stash internally in software development? If not, why not?
- Wouldn't it be interesting to combine Fisheye, Crucible and Stash in one product?