With the help of the Agile Hive Project Hierarchies, you can map the four SAFe levels (Portfolio, Large Solution, ART and Team) as well as the business units located therein.
The SAFe levels are represented as horizontal layers. The business units are shown as colored diamonds within the layers.
Go to 'Administration → Manage Apps → Project Hierarchies' to configure the Agile Hive Project Hierarchies.
Example - Creating an Essential SAFe Project Hierarchy (Agile Release Train + Teams
» Creating the SAFe Layers
- If you have no layers yet, you will be prompted to: “Click here to add your first Layer”
- Create the first Layer and name it "Program" or "ART". In the column "SAFe level" please select "Program" from the dropdown.
- Create the second Layer and name it "Team". In the column "SAFe level" please select "Team" from the dropdown.
- Close the "Confirgure Layer" dialog
» Maping the SAFe Projects
- Click on the grey Layer "Program" (on the right side an area will slide open, showing the name of the layer and a Drop-Down menu titled Projects)
- Clicking on the drop-down, a list of all Jira projects is displayed. By typing a name or a key of a specific project, you filter the results.
- Choose a project. It will be displayed in a list under the drop-down, labeled “New”. This indicates, that this project will be assigned to the layer once you press Save.
- Repeat this process for the Layer "Team" until all teams are inserted and visible inside the view
» Relating the SAFe Projects
Select a project within the "Program" Layer in the hierarchy view. In the sidebar is a drop-down titled "Child Projects".
Clicking on the drop-down, a list of all Jira projects is displayed. By typing a name or a key of a specific project, you filter the results. Choose a "Team" project.
Repeat step 3 until all "Team" projects are inserted & finally press Save. The selected "Program" should now be connected to the first "Team" project with a grey line.