We are looking for content writers and creators!
//SEIBERT/MEDIA is one of the largest Atlassian Partners in the world, as well as a growing Google Partner. We offer specialized services and comprehensive solutions to our customers. We are looking for English native-speaking marketers for our products in the Atlassian ecosystem: draw.io, Linchpin and Agile Hive.
Are you a native English speaking content writer and/or content creator, who is familiar enough with Atlassian products to answer beginner to intermediate questions about Confluence and Jira without needing to research the right answers? If yes, then you can help us in this role:
- Answer questions on Intercom (via live chat and email). Potentially answer support calls.
- Create and curate well-written and SEO optimized content (blog posts, social media posts, Q&A portal posts), following our style guide.
- Support and help with our product marketing.
- Product documentation.
- A range of other tasks to fit your expertise and willingness to learn.
As we are in Germany and you are in the USA, this is a remote position, with content creation being paid initially at 20 USD per hour. If you can understand German and translate well from German into English, we'd love to have you on board!
Are you interested in these topics? Does the position sound good to you? Then, send us your application.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Prerequisites for this job
This role has a couple of prerequisites, that must be met or at least are highly preferable. Please point out where you do not meet specific criteria when you contact us:
- You are in USA and are permitted to work there.
- You can write well and adhere to a simple style guide.
- You must apply via the form below.
- You are willing to join Telegram to communicate with the other content creators and editorial teams.
Facts about this job and our company
To help you understand the position and our company:
|Employer||//SEIBERT/MEDIA Corp., 339 C Ave Ste 1, Coronado, CA 92118, United States (Legal information)|
|Headquarters||//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH, Kirchgasse 6, 65185 Wiesbaden, Germany|
|Employees||About 150 in Germany, 1 in Costa Rica, 0 in USA|
|Where you will work||You will be required to work in USA (most of the time) as this is the market we want you to service. You're free to work from home, go to a co-working space or work from wherever you wish, so long as you can professionally represent us to customers and partners.|
|Daily schedule||You are free to choose your own schedule, although, should you provide customer support in Intercom or via phone, we'd like you to cover standard USA business hours (at least partially) as we currently support customers and partners during German business hours already.|
|Salary||40k per year for a full time role, part time (20 USD per hour), or freelance on an hourly basis may be possible. (Our preference: Full time employment, but we welcome part timers who want to try this out)|
|Factors that influence ongoing work|
As a freelance content creator and/or translator, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes.
|From first contact to contract|
What makes working with us different and why you should care
- We are an open and welcoming company that gets things done. Many companies say that. But few have such an open and transparent description of job requirements posted publicly. Now, imagine that level of openness and transparency in everything we do. Internal and external.
- We never cheat our customers. We never cheat our employees. Everybody has to work hard in our company, from the CEO who actively recruits, to our new content creators and all our team members in between.
- You can organize your own work, your schedule, your tasks. There is no formal reporting process and no supervision. You've been brought on board because we trust you will reflect our values and work independently from day one. It's a big responsibility, but most of our employees love having the freedom, flexibility and space for creativity that we give them.
- We'll pay your way. We are a conservative company, so do not expect us to overpay you.
- No need to pretend, just be yourself. Do not sell us on an ideal image. Build trust. Work hard. Work on quality and effectiveness, not on efficiency. We care about you providing the right answers to customer and partner questions. We care about people who admit their mistakes to coworkers and customers, and have the grit to fix the problems. We do not feel awkward, if we have no clue, we say it.
- Trust and open-mindedness. We've built striving for openness and building trust into the core of our culture. Foster that. Never ever lie. Even where lying may feel more appropriate given the situation. Instead, say nothing. Build that trust. Keep your promises. That's what we care about. This may sound pretty typical, but violate this rule and you'll be out of the running. No questions asked, no second chances. When that trust is lost, that candidate becomes incompatible with our company.
- As a remote worker you will be completely dependent on digital communication tools and documentation to work closely with colleagues and product/event teams, and to not miss out on crucial news from within the company. We are very disciplined in using these tools and centrally documenting our processes and discussions to a high standard.
Can you see yourself in this role and do you identify with our work culture? Apply using the form at the end of this section.
After that? Review the following questions tagged 'newbie' in our Q&A portal, create an account, and answer one following our style guide: https://answers.seibert-media.com/tags/newbie Please go ahead and write more detailed answers to any questions where someone has answered in only a few sentences - we want to provide customers with lots of detail and help.
More than 90% of of candidates are unable to do this rather simple task. If you write thorough and well written answers, following our style guide, that aren’t simple copies of existing content, you‘ll have our full attention.
Apply for the Content Creator (English) position
Need more information?
- Find out more about working at //SEIBERT/MEDIA ( in German) i n our job portal or take a tour behind the scenes and see how we work together to create great software for teams.
- Do you want to know who of us works more with Confluence, Jira or Agile Hive? Have a look at our various consulting teams.
- See what our employees have said about their experiences working at //SEIBERT/MEDIA on kununu.
- If you find yourself in Wiesbaden, Germany for some reason, you are most welcome to drop by on the third Friday of the month at 4pm to attend our Open Office , or have a beer with us at a TechTalk .
- No labels