Jira validators: Ensure checklists are completed before setting an issue to "Done"
Ensure checklists are completed before setting a Jira issue to "Done" or other configured statuses by configuring and implementing validators in company-managed/classic projects.
You must have Jira admin permission in order to add a validator to a Jira workflow. If you do not have Jira admin permission, request assistance from the Jira admin of your instance. Please keep in mind the general best practices when editing Jira workflows. This workflow could be shared with other projects, try to be aware of how many projects you are changing.
1. Navigate to the project settings for the project that you would like to add the workflow validator.
2. Go to the "Workflows" on the left side and click the pencil icon to edit the workflow.
3. In the diagram view, click the transition you would like to add the validator to.
4. Select "Validators" from the options.
5. Click "Add validator."
6. Choose the validator "The connected checklist is completed - Checklists for Jira" from the list.
7. Create the validator by clicking "Add" again.
8. Publish the draft to apply the changes and make them effective. If you think you may want to revert the change, you can always save a backup copy.
9. If a user tries to transition an issue in your project to the designated status but the checklist is not complete, this error will show.
You can use this same method for any status and any transition in a company managed project.
Your direct line to us - because we're more than just software, we're a community. Whether you have burning questions, technical challenges, brilliant ideas, or just want to say hello, this is the place to do it. Feel free to choose the option that suits your needs best, and let's start a conversation.
Our experts are here to guide you through every feature and answer all your questions. Don't miss out on this opportunity to supercharge your productivity.