- Authorization concept
- Global Permissions => What are users normally allowed to do within Confluence.
- Space Permissions => What are users allowed to do within a specific space.
- Page Restrictions => Read and/or write restrictions on a specific page or page tree.
Permissions can be granted to individual users, groups or the anonymous user (except for page restrictions). Where possible, permissions should always be granted to groups.
- Managing users and groups
- Based on sensible characteristics, users should be assigned to appropriate groups (organizational, permissions, ...). Groups can be imported from a user directory.
- Default group "confluence-users": The standard group for all users with permissions granted for all essential functions.
Default group "confluence-administrators": A group of 'super users', who have access to all functions and spaces within Confluence, independent of any other defined permissions. Changes to this group's permissions are ignored and are reset, because permissions important for the operation of Confluence are bound to this group.
There is no way to hide content in Confluence from users who are either members of the group "confluence-administrators" or who have the "system administrator" permission and can assign themselves to the group "confluence-administrators".
- Manually managing users versus linking to a user directory.
- Global permissions (https://confluence.atlassian.com/doc/global-permissions-overview-138709.html)
- Use Confluence
- Personal space (can create a personal space)
- Create space (can create new spaces)
- In group confluence-administrator (access the Confluence administration with a few limitations)
- In group system-administrator (access the Confluence administration, including critical sysadmin functionality)
- Space permissions (within the Confluence administration)
- You can define the default permissions applied to all new spaces; it is important to not grant too many or too few permissions to specific groups of users (but you can manually change the permissions for each space after it has been created).
- Space permissions (within a space's configuration)
- Grant specific permissions to groups. See above.