Saving or deleting image files fails and results in the following exception in the log:
This affects operations with image files within the apps:
- Linchpin User Profiles
- Linchpin Events
- Linchpin Theme (bundeled with the app Linchpin Essentials or Linchpin Intranet Suite)
In particular, the following functions in these apps are affected:
Linchpin User Profiles
Profile picture and profile background cannot be saved or deleted.
Profile picture cannot be saved.
Old profile picture cannot be deleted. Exception leads to abort and rollback of the complete LDAP sync, therefore the LDAP sync generally does not work anymore and no profile data is updated.
- Background image cannot be saved or deleted.
- Background image and logo cannot be saved or deleted.
The Confluence version installed is one of the following:
7.4.9 to 7.4.15
7.11.3 to 7.11.6
7.12.1 to 7.12.5
7.13.0 to 7.13.4
7.14.0 to 7.14.2
- 7.15.0 to 7.15.1
- 7.16.0 to 7.16.1
This is a bug in Confluence:
- [CONFSERVER-74671] Functions that rely on methods to work with files and attachments (including images) are failing after collaborative editing is disabled
Update Confluence to one of these fixed versions:
- 7.17.0 or higher
- 7.16.2 or higher patch-version
- LTS 7.13.5 or higher patch-version
- LTS 7.4.16 or higher patch-version