- Atlassian add-on market leader.
- Diagram revision history only within Gliffy, not in Confluence.
- One of the most expensive add-ons.
- Compatible with Internet Explorer 10.
- Commercial usage of diagrams created in Gliffy may not be allowed.
- Best rated add-on by customers in the Atlassian Marketplace since 2013.
- Full revision history within Confluence.
- Significantly cheaper license costs.
- Compatible with all browser technologies from Internet Explorer 6 onwards.
- Ability to print and export as PDF.
- Better mobile functionality.
- Legal certainty - you can use created diagrams commercially.
In a nutshell
Gliffy may be the market leader in Atlassian add-ons and has been around for a while, and it would be wrong to avoid the add-on purely on the basis of pricing. On the other hand, JGraph, who develops draw.io, have been around for as long as Atlassian has existed.
We'd love it if you gave draw.io a chance - it's worth it to try the add-on and see if it suits your needs!