Enhancements to the XML profile data import.
- When using an XML data source for select or multi-select fields, there's no need to create all field options manually anymore.
- Users that are not included in the XML file can still edit these fields themselves. They now can choose from all imported values. This also works in Linchpin Assistant and Onboarding.
- People directory filters for these fields now also show all imported values.
- See our documentation for details.
- When importing XML into a multi-select field, we currently don't support multiple XML tags like
<node>A</node><node>B</node>. As a workaround, use JSON array strings in a single tag like
<node>["A","B"]</node>. See the corresponding section in our documentation for details about this.
Completely new profile configuration UI and API to write profile data.
New features & improvements
- We have completely renewed the profile configuration to be faster, easier and much more usable. Attention: Please read this notice before updating: https://seibert.biz/lup222.
- We removed the deprecated field type "Phone". It is replaced by the field type "Phone validated" we introduced in 2.20. Please read this notice before updating: https://seibert.biz/lup222.
- We opened the user profile API to not only read but also to write data into profiles. See the current state of the API documentation here: https://seibert.biz/lupapi.
We are very happy to hear from you if you plan to use the API. Feedback gives us the chance to learn about your use cases and to improve our solution.
- The "customized" mode of the Profile macro now properly displays the configured fields.
- The Content Responsibility macro now works correctly, even if collaborative editing is turned off.
- You can sort the Customized User List macro by fields that are not displayed.
- Filtering country select fields in the people directory works correctly now.
- We fixed several issues with required and/or validated phone fields when using Linchpin Assistant or Onboarding.
- We fixed the CSV data import for Cascading Fields.
New people directory & profile header.
New features & improvements
- The people directory now has a modern look and lets you search users by profile fields.
- The user profile page has also been refreshed, and you can let your users upload their own header background images.
- First steps in supporting profile field data coming from identity providers (IdPs) via third-party apps: You can decide which profile fields should be filled by an IdP.
- When using the new validated phone field, the user's country is detected more reliably.
- Cascading fields unfortunately don't work in the Custom User Search, but you could select them them in the past. Not anymore.
- When updating your user profile via Linchpin Assistant, the layout isn't broken anymore.
- When configuring dependent fields, you can now correctly create rules to match field values with brackets like "IT (System)".
- Uploading a profile picture via our REST API now works reliably. Previously, every second upload did reset the profile picture.
- When configuring the Linchpin Assistant to include fields in restricted categories, these restrictions are now respected.
- When configuring validated phone fields to be filled via a directory, they can now only be filled manually by users that are not in that directory.
- The display of phone numbers in Linchpin Mobile has been fixed (no more visible "tel:").
- When only selecting a single item in a cascading select fields, editing your profile again now correctly remembers that selection.
- Saving profile edit permissions does not show console errors anymore.
- In rare cases, problems with personalization not updating instantly could occur. This has been fixed.
- Fix for a bug introduced in 2.21.3: You can now select people in the Content Responsibility macro again, other multi-selects are fixed as well.
- You can now use original Confluence profile fields to filter users in the people directory.
- Small UI fixes were made.
- If profile field names are localized and then used as filter in the people directory, they correctly show the translated version now.
- Linked text fields used as a column in the "Custom User List" macro are displayed for only the correct user now.
- We resolved some small UI issues
New validated phone fields, read-only mode compatibility and more.
- We introduced a new profile field type to let users enter only valid phone numbers.
- The Confluence Data Center read-only mode is now supported.
- The Custom User List / Search now support Confluence groups. They received some additional love as well. For example, the Custom User List pagination is now optional.
- The My Contacts macro and Linchpin Sidebar module look nicer when you have no contacts.
- User directory sync will no longer abort for users without a name attribute.
- We took care of concerns about instant messenger fields.
- The Content Responsibility macro sometimes did not save the responsible user - that'x fixed now.
- We fixed a bug regarding cascading select fields not being updated correctly.
- A bug was fixed where the profile picture was not always displayed in IE11.
- Additional stability fixes were added.
- Special characters like '@' in usernames do not longer cause errors when these users edit their profiles
- The scheduled bulk profile update (XML) job is now accessible and configurable again in newer versions of Confluence 7
- The scheduled job for bulk profile updates via User Directories no longer breaks as a whole if one User Directory is not available.
Macro improvements, bugfixes, technical improvements.
- The field type "Cascade Select" supports only the CSV file format now, we dropped the support for specific Excel files due to technical reasons.
- The Custom User List now has a pagination and the performance has been improved, too.
- The avatar display of the Content Responsibility macro has been improved.
- We have made technical improvements to ensure sustainability.
- The display of search results in the Custom User Search macro has been corrected. Before, it could have happen that they were positioned incorrectly on the screen.
- We improved the PDF export layout for pages containing Custom User List macros with text area profile fields.
- When using a custom language pack to translate profile field and category names, the system default language is now used as a fallback when no translation exists for a user's language.
- Until now, the OrgCharts did not show users when the capitalization of the user profile field was incorrect (= different from the actual user name). This has been fixed to use a case-insensitive lookup. Superior and subordinate users are now displayed, even if "JaneDoe" is entered as "janedoe".
Confluence 7 compatibility release
- Linchpin User Profiles is now compatible with Confluence 7.
- The Content Responsibility macro now works correctly when Confluence's collaborative editing feature is turned on.
- We fixed a display error that occurred in combination with the Linchpin Sidebar.
Extended profile field type support for Linchpin Onboarding & Assistant
New features & Improvements
- You can now add profile fields of the type "phone" to the user profile fields modules in Linchpin Onboarding and Linchpin Assistant (see Linchpin Manager - Release 1.2).
Until now only the field types "text", "select" and "multiselect" were supported. Thus, a further step towards better maintained and high-quality user data is possible .
- In addition, we have improved the output of macros for anonymous users.
Until now, only general messages and messages that were not comprehensible to the user were displayed.
- If there is a custom user directory added as Linchpin User Profile data source, it is now always used as a target for the data backsync feature. We fixed an issue in which this directory has been ignored in some cases.
- When importing profile data from XML, you can now map multiple profile fields to the same XML attribute.
- The profile notice for Linchpin Assistant and Linchpin Onboarding now supports additional field types: "Country", "Language" and "Text area".
- You can configure the Linchpin Assistant profile notice to be shown even if all profile fields are already filled. This enables the use case "Is your profile still up to date?" in addition to the existing use case "Please complete your profile".
- "Select" type profile fields in the Linchpin Assistant and Linchpin Onboarding modules now behave correctly again.
Improved mobile compatibility & support for the Content Responsibility macro in blueprints.
- The Customized User List and My Contacts macros are now supported when viewing Confluence with a mobile device or using Linchpin Mobile.
- You can now insert the Content Responsibility macro in blueprints.
Full integration into the upcoming, newly built Linchpin Sidebar (available in version 2.17).
- The Content Responsibility macro can now display the profile fields "email", "username" and "full name" and shows values from multi select fields correctly.
- Furthermore, the preview in the macro configuration has been improved.
- Various fixes in regard of the Custom User List macro PDF support were made.
- We fixed profile editing issues for profile editors.
- We fixed some issues that occurred when usernames had a leading "0" (zero).
- We fixed the profile view for anonymous access.
- Various smaller UI fixes were made.
- This release fixes an issue that prevented synchronizing more than one connected user directory.
A release full of performance improvements, bugfixes and DC compatibility preparations.
- We improved the performance in many places, for example when using multiple Profile macros on one page.
We made several preparations for our upcoming Data Center compatibility release.
- When using Linchpin Assistant or Linchpin Onboarding (which are parts of Linchpin Manager, see https://seibert.biz/lm12) to let your users fill their profile fields, commas are now supported in multi-select option values.
- You can now correctly select a profile field to be shown in the Content Responsibility macro.
- We also fixed some minor display issues.
Data Center compatibility
- This release ensures compatibility with Confluence Data Center.
- Renaming or archiving pages that use the Content Responsibility macro should now work correctly.
- Having deleted users as contacts should not produce errors anymore.
Show who is responsible for pages and blog posts.
Add people to pages and blog posts to show who is responsible for the content.
The Linchpin Assistant will be supported with Linchpin Manager 1.2.
- OrgChart relationships are now displayed correctly.
- Profile pictures are no longer distorted in the Customer User List macro in Internet Explorer 11.
- The incorrect display of Linked Fields in the Customer User List macro has been fixed.
- New and edited fields are immediately available in the Customer User List macro.
- You can now use hidden fields to personalize the menu.
Private version which was not released.
- Profile sync won't fail anymore when using a directory with nested groups.
- Fixed an exception when using the Custom User Search macro after updating from an earlier version of Linchpin User Profiles.
We implemented a better language search.
- If there's a language field in your profile configuration, and you wanted to search for users speaking a certain language, you had to use the locale (e. g. "en_US"). Now you can simply search for those users by typing in the name of the language. (e. g. "english", "englisch", "inglés", "englanti" or "anglais", as we are supporting this feature in English, German, Spanish, Finnish and French).
- When exporting a page as a PDF file, the user list is now exported nicely again.
Experience the new and powerful expert search to easily find colleagues in your intranet.
- Now you can use the "AND" operator in the Custom User Search macro.
- The Custom User Lists macro provides CQL queries in the new expert mode.
- You can search for entire phrases and it is possible to use wildcards in your search requests.
- The Profile Macro shows a more pleasant message when a user could not be found.
- We increased the performance of the "Custom user search".
- We improved the descriptions when editing a category in the profile editor.
- We fixed the Skype status when hovering over a username.
In Linchpin User Profiles 2.10, we improved the search backend and switched completely to a CQL based search. To benefit from this immediately after the upgrade to 2.10, it is necessary to rebuild the index completely.
You can trigger this by yourself. Please consider that this may take some time.
Alternatively you can skip the manual re-index since the index will progressively update itself. Then the fully featured Linchpin User Profiles search will improve progressively as well.
This release features PDF export for macros, performance and visual improvements and fixes few bugs.
- We improved the performance of the custom user search macro.
- Minor visual fixes for the profile, "My Contacts" and "Profile" macros were added.
- We also added PDF export support for the "Profile" and "Custom User List" macros.
- Labels of empty fields are now hidden when viewing a profile.
- Profile pictures will now have a working link to a profile, even when the picture was uploaded before "Linchpin User Profiles" was installed.
- Linked fields in the user list macro will show the link text instead the URL.
- We removed duplicated Skype status icon from the profile macro.
More options are available for admins to customize profile picture uploads now!
- The file size for the profile picture upload is freely configurable now.
- You can now limit profile picture width and height to easily import them in other applications.
- The Skype status now updates automatically during a short time span.
- The visibility settings of email addresses will be respected now.
- We fixed an issue concerning the correct view of informations with field type „user“ in vCards.
- Profile pictures are now displayed undistorted.
- We fixes an issue with profile picture updates during ldap synchronisation.
- Issues with LDAP synchronisation and inactive LDAPs were fixed.
- The mobile view for profile categories was fixed.
- Contact data of profiles with many fields is now presented correctly.
- All subordinates are now displayed completely in org charts.
- Display problems in Chrome browser concerning inactive IM status were fixed.
We fixed issues with locales and profile pictures.
- When pictures are set by the LDAP synchronisation task, the profile network tab won't show profile picture updates anymore.
- We improved the error message handling.
- We fixed an issue which could prevent some personalization features from working correctly when the user locale was set within a profile.
- A bug which could prevent profile pictures from loading properly in Linchpin Mobile was fixed.
- We fixed a bug in which profile picture uploads could fail in combination with Internet Explorer and Apache Server.
Now with even more possibilities to improve the users profile data!
- We introduced a new role for your users profiles - the "profile editors".
These editors can make sure that quality and professionalism of the data stays on a high level.
- Apps like Teamify or Confluence Questions can now enhance the profiles and make them even more interesting.
Bye bye CUP, hello LUP!
- Custom User Profile is now Linchpin User Profiles!
- We made the app UI compatible with Confluence 6.7 and its reworked user interfaces.
- The additional LDAP configuration now supports paging.
Turn text fields into static or dynamic links and display them in your profiles.
- Text fields can now be set to static or dynamic links by the Administrator. They can contain individual and specific links to further information, such as social media profiles, external tools, etc.
- The macros "Custom User List" and "Custom User Search" now have field selection drop-downs sorted by field categories.
- The performance of the profile view has been improved in conjunction with dependent fields.
- Fixed an issue regarding the connection to Skype For Business when there was no internet connection.
- The "manager" fields DN will now be resolved into the Confluence user name and can now be correctly used in the OrgChart or displayed in the profile.
Improve your user lists with the awesome extension of the Custom User List macro!
- You can now configure multiple profile fields as a filter for the Custom User List macro. Thereby you can define even more precise user searches.
- The Confluence user profile fields are selectable as search filter in the Custom User List macro now.
- We fixed some bugs in the UI of the Profile macro.
In the near future the, Custom landing spaces will move and will find a new home in our Linchpin Theme Plugin. There will be a migration process available, so that there should be no need to reconfigure your landing spaces. We will provide detailed information on that topic when the time comes .
Please be aware that downgrading from this version to a version lower than 2.0 may result in unwanted side effects. Only experienced administrators should consider this step.
On this page