This version is all about inline comments: There's a completely new section in pages and news articles to display this type of comment, you can post a reply to it even easier, and completed inline comments will be hidden in the app from now on.
Also, administrators can now view the status for mobile connections of a user, there is a new backend check for basic authentication, and we have massively improved stability and reliability of mobile connections via the Linchpin Mobile Gateway in data center environments with 1+ nodes.
- Reworked inline comments (iOS & Android app): On pages and news articles, there is now a button in the comments section that leads to the new view for inline comments, if such comments are available for the content being viewed. In the new inline comments view, you can view each comment and its replies individually and in an organized way. You can post your own reply directly from the new inline comments view.
Reworked inline comments (Confluence backend): A new interface has been added for improved retrieval of inline comments via the mobile app. This now makes it possible to retrieve inline comments independently of regular page comments, read hierarchies within the comment structure, and filter completed inline comments.
Display mobile connection status: There is now the possibility to view the status for mobile connections of a user in the administration area of Linchpin Mobile. We have summarized more information at https://seibert.biz/linchpinmobileconnectionsettingsdoc.
Basic authentication check: It is now automatically checked if Basic Authentication is enabled for an instance on which Linchpin Mobile is used. If this is not the case, a notice is displayed in the Linchpin Mobile administration area. For more information, visit https://seibert.biz/linchpinmobilebasicauth.
Fail-safe Gateway connection in Data Center environments: When using Linchpin Mobile in a data center environment with multiple nodes, if the connection to the Linchpin Mobile gateway is enabled, another node will automatically be connected should the node currently connected to the gateway fail. This reduces potential downtime for mobile use to a maximum of 60 seconds. For more information, visit https://seibert.biz/linchpinmobileconnectionsettingsdoc.
- Aura macro rendering: Macros of the Confluence app Aura - Beautiful Formatting Macros are now displayed in a mobile optimized representation.
- Fixed a rare bug where push notifications were sent even though they were disabled on the system side by the administration.
Compatibility & Requirements
We recommend to always keep up with the latest versions of Linchpin Mobile as well as the integrated Linchpin apps for full feature support, stability and security.
- This release of the Linchpin Mobile Device Apps (iOS + Android) requires Linchpin Mobile Confluence App version 4.0.0 or later.
- This release of the Linchpin Mobile Confluence App requires Linchpin Mobile Device App version 4.0.0 or later.
Please note that full functionality can only be guaranteed if you use the most recent version of both components named above.
- This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Atlassian Confluence Server version 7.0.1 or later.
- This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Atlassian Confluence Data Center version 7.0.1 or later.
Since this version of Linchpin Mobile comes bundled with the Linchpin Intranet Suite 4.0.0 you should be all set after updating Linchpin Intranet Suite. In case you are using Linchpin Mobile with a custom set of Linchpin apps you need to meet the following requirements for the corresponding sections within Linchpin Mobile:
- News: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Linchpin Enterprise News' version 2.9.0 or later.
- Microblog: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Microblogging for Confluence' version 6.0.0 or later.
- Contacts: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Linchpin User Profiles' version 2.22.0 or later.
- Linchpin Theme: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Confluence app 'Linchpin Theme Plugin' version 2.17.2 or later in order to properly display Linchpin Teaser and Layout Box macros.
- Linchpin Events: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Confluence app 'Linchpin Events' version 3.4.0 or later.
- Linchpin Launchpad: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires Confluence app 'Linchpin Launchpad' version 2.2.0 or later in order to properly display App macros.
Please note that full functionality can only be guaranteed if you use the most recent version of the components named above. For a list of supported macros in Linchpin Mobile please see http://seibert.biz/linchpinmobilemacros.
Third party apps
Linchpin Mobile offers additional features when connected to third party apps:
- Analytics: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Viewtracker' version 5.4.0 or later in order to support some basic analytics features.
- Aura: This release of Linchpin Mobile requires the Confluence app 'Aura - Beautiful Formatting Macros' version 3.5.9 or later in order to render Aura content formatting macros.