On this page
- The search box on the Launchpad now searches in all information related to an app, not only the title.
- We changed the user interface to be gender neutral in the German version.
- Notifications about new apps now lead to the actual overview of new apps instead of the overview of all apps.
- We improved compatibility with assistive technologies.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes broke links to Launchpad apps when found via Confluence search.
- The order of mandatory apps was not always consistent. We fixed that.
- We fixed a bug that prevented success or error messages to be shown.
- We fixed a bug that sometimes led to empty search results when there should have been results.
We ensured compatibility with Confluence 8.8.
Confluence 8 compatibility
- We ensured that the Linchpin Launchpad is compatible with Confluence 8.
- We improved screenreader compatibility.
- We improved the usability on tablets and phones
- The title "Categories" won't show up in the Launchpad portal when there are no categories. Apps that have no categories will be shown in a section for uncategorized apps, which will only happen if there are categories. If no categories are used whatsoever, the "uncategorized" section will not be there as well
- We fixed a bug that broke the Linchpin Sidebar "My Apps" tab under Confluence 8.
Version 2.5.0 improves accessibility aspects of the Linchpin Launchpad app.
- App macro can be fully navigated by keyboard.
- Addressed some usability issues, when using keyboard navigation
- We updated a library to meet certain security standards.
- We made some small changes to the app's infrastructure.
- Caching optimization for data center
- New apps are immediately visible across all nodes in data center.
- Changes to visibility filters immediately apply.
- Problems with internal app links in search results on instances with context path.
- We ensured Confluence 7.9 compatibility.
- Deleted apps no longer break the apps macro.
- Anonymous users are not shown an error flag on the dashboard.
- We are happy to announce Launchpad's compatibility with Confluence 7.12.
- We fixed problems concerning Confluence search requests in certain Java versions.
- New app icons.
- We fixed an XSS vulnerability which allowed for potential code execution within the app's admin view. Please see https://seibert.biz/20210901cvelilaxss for more information.
- We fixed a BAC vulnerability which potentially allowed unauthorized users to create, modify or delete app categories and app labels. Please see https://seibert.biz/20210901cvelilabac for more information.
- We fixed a CSRF vulnerability which potentially allowed to create, modify or delete apps. Please see https://seibert.biz/20210901cvelilacsrf for more information.
- Linchpin Launchpad is compatible with CDN now.
- We improved the backend caching.
- Adjusting the position of your apps via drag & drop won't break the app order anymore.
- We fixed a bug which prevented opening apps via middle click (of a mouse).
- We fixed a bug that resulted in incorrect app links in search results (introduced in version 2.3.6).
- The app macro is now also available for mobile use and allows Linchpin Mobile users to access their favorite apps when on the go.
We're happy to announce Confluence 7.2 compatibility!
- Display problems with the Launchpad under Internet Explorer 11
Fixed filtering of the people-picker in the admin area of the Launchpad, which caused non-administrators to be entered by mistake
Improvements of the read-only mode of Confluence
- The Empty State of the Launchpad macro has been revised and modernized. (The status in which no apps are visible to the user, e.g. because there are none available or necessary permissions are missing.)
- Compatibility with Confluence 7.7 has been ensured.
- Finding the Launchpad macro is easier and more intuitive due to an extended keywording.
Confluence Data Center compatibility release
- the Launchpad is officially Data Center compatible
- better display for long app titles
- improved detailed app view
- IE11 improvements
- fixed hanging tooltips
- fixed app visibility for category view
- fixed problems with tooltips and drag'n'drop
- fixed problems with new Confluence search sidebar
- improved portal sidebar view for older Confluence versions
- improved admin view for small displays
- fixed problems with unresolved filter field names
- We ensured compatibility with the new Linchpin sidebar.
- Fixed some frontend bugs for IE11 and app administration.
We're happy to announce Confluence 7 compatibility!
Please note that this version does not contain any further fixes or features.
If you are not using Confluence 7, there is no need to update.
We fixed issues with profile filters in Confluence 7.
Since version 2.0.0 (now a private version), the Launchpad is called "Launchpad" insted of "Apps".
New features & improvements
The "App Center" has been renamed to "Linchpin Launchpad". No actions have to be taken on an update!
Checkout the new Launchpad Portal to find and manage your personal apps in one place.
Give your apps the space they deserve.
You may change the order of your personal apps by drag and drop.
Users may suggest new apps to administrators.
Find your external links within the normal Confluence content search.
App icons are cached in two ways to improve performance and reduce server load.
- Administrators will be able to translate apps, app labels and categories if the Linchpin Manager is installed (upcoming release 1.1).
Bugfix to also translate subcategories.
- Complete usage of the caches when loading apps anywhere.
- When using multiple app macros on the same page the selected apps are only loaded once instead of per macro.
- Display single apps on a Confluence page based on the app title (replaces the former app key).
- Filter apps in the App Center.
- Improved layout for App tiles and the App Center page.
- Bigger icons and details on hover.
- All categories in the app center are now unfolded by default.
- Cleaned up uneccessary database columns of binary type, which caused problems with space export.
- New design for App tiles and the App Center page.
- Categories can be folded for a faster overview.
- App titles are displayed without unnecessary wordwrap.
- Small improvements of admin section design.
- Usage of several App macros on the same page leads to errors.
New features & improvements
- Add labels to your apps to highlight them
- Add a custom field with its own label to all of your apps
- Add subcategories to your configuration for a finer granulation of your apps
- Sort your categories to have important apps first in your App Center
- Highlight new apps for a certain time period and notify all users
- Show MyApps and/or mandatory in the app macro
- Added a link to the urls in the app administration
- Improved Linchpin compatibility for personalization (Linchpin Management Plugin)
- Export your apps as HTML and import them into your browser as bookmarks.
- Restrict the visibility of apps to users based on their profile. Combinable with our Custom User Profile.
- We fixed some typos.
Fixed a bug that caused the app icon to get deleted when editing an app.
- App filters (recommended, mandatory, visible) with more than 255 characters caused an error. We fixed that.
A small fix in the caching to be ready for Confluence Data Center.
Fixes a compatibility to Linchpin plugins.
We improved the look of the AppCenter and apps. We also improved the handling.
- AppCenter and App tile redesign
- Support for several image formats and sizes as App icons (Learn more)
- Default icon for new Apps (Learn more)
- Support for long, multiline App titles
- Mandatory Apps, which are automatically added to the users' myApps (dependent on filter fields)
- Bulk edit to change several apps at once
The initial release under the "App Center" name.
- Create links to apps with icons and description, so users can access external systems easily.
- Integrate your favorite set of apps in any page or show them on your dashboard.
- Show all available apps or a subset of apps on a page or on your dashboard.
- Personalize the app selection by showing recommended apps for users based on their profile information.