Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with Linchpin Enterprise News is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. Linchpin Enterprise News offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a teaser image with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of Linchpin Enterprise News.
2.8 Release Notes
Keep subscriptions up to date with the new Linchpin Manager support.
- Linchpin Assistant and Linchpin Onboarding (which are parts of Linchpin Manager, see https://seibert.biz/lm12) are now fully supported: Let your users subscribe to news channels right in the onboarding process. Or offer them new spaces for subscription later on.
- We added support for Confluence's Data Center Read Only Mode and improved support for anonymous access.
- Last but not least we added space filtering to the news scheduling overview.
You can share your own ideas and help us prioritize: https://linchpin.canny.io/linchpin-enterprise-news
- We improved the handling of publishing dates for unpublished news
- We fixed broken sidebar and footer in case of anonymous access to the news hub
- Changes in news categories are accepted immediately in macro outputs
- Blog post preview doesn't show all elements for anonymous users (but honestly, who grants editing permission for news to anonymous users? )
- There is a compatibility issue with the Brikit Theme. This shows when saving a blog post and results in lost metadata (e.g. teaser settings, sticky settings, publish time).
- When a user subscribed all blog posts in her email settings, the user will receive a mention immediately after a blog post is created even if the blog post has not been approved.
- When a user is mentioned in a blog post, that is part of an approval workflow, the user will receive a mention immediately. This happens even if the blog post has not been approved and might leak information to the specific user.
- When using Linchpin Enterprise News and NoEmailStorm, the NoEmailStorm buttons will not show while editing blog posts
Important when upgrading!
We are planning to remove the deprecated News Teaser macro with version 3.0. You’ll find a button for migrating old ones in the administration.
Have you found a bug or a missing feature? Please contact us via www.seibert.biz/help. Let's build a great product together!
- No labels