- Created by //SEIBERT/MEDIA employee, last modified on Jan 30, 2019
Linchpin Enterprise News
The tool for efficient corporate communication
See the documentation for your Release
Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with Linchpin Enterprise News is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. Linchpin Enterprise News offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a teaser image with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of Linchpin Enterprise News.
2.5.4 Release Notes
- We have improved the last Cover Stories bug fix, to make it even better.
2.5.3 Release Notes
- Fixed a bug concerning the correct display of Cover Stories when used in Navi Tabs.
2.5.2 Release Notes
- You can now choose a news teaser image with a filename containing "&"
- Non-responding web feeds now have a timeout to avoid blocking the system
2.5.1 Release Notes
- Fixed a bug that prevented upload of teaser images whenever synchrony wasn't active
2.5 Release Notes
Improvements and bug fixes
- A whole bunch of smaller design adjustments that make for a better user experience and a modern look
- Intro text can now be up to 1.000 characters long
- Error message when choosing a non-supported video or image format as news teaser
- Scaled news teaser images cannot be deleted accidentally anymore
- Support for the kicker line in our app Mail Page
- Support for push notifications in Linchpin Mobile
- Fixed an annoying bug that ate configuration options in the Corporate News Feed
- Web Feeds macro now supports RSS feeds that don't have a date in all their entries
- In rare cases, Internet Explorer 10 doesn't work properly with manual settings for news teaser images
- Blog post preview doesn't show all elements for anonymous users (but honestly, who grants editing permission for news to anonymous users? )
Have you found a bug or a missing feature? Please contact us via www.seibert.biz/help. Let's build a great product together!
- No labels
This content was last updated on 01/30/2019.
This content hasn't been updated in a while. That doesn't have to be a problem. Some of our pages live for years without becoming obsolete. Please click this link if you want us to update this page. Old content can be incorrect, misleading or outdated. Please get in contact with us via a form on this page, our live chat or via email with firstname.lastname@example.org if you are in doubt, have a question, suggestion, or want changes from us.