Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with the Enterprise News bundle is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. The Enterprise News Bundle offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a News Teaser macro with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of the Enterprise News Bundle.
2.2.2 Release Notes
Performance & Data Center improvements + bug fix
- Improved the performance of the news section configuration
- Improved Data Center compatibility
- Fixed the bug that no posts could be created with the same title as a page in the same space
2.2.1 Release Notes
Compatibility release for Confluence 6.8
- Fixed some minor optical problems occurring with Confluence 6.7 and 6.8
- Stopped blog posts from reloading the page when editing labels under certain circumstances
2.2 Release Notes
Time zone support, News Center and improvements for Personal News
- News Center: All the news – searchable and filterable
- Display personal subscriptions as attractive news tiles within the Cover Stories
- Default subscriptions: Let new users start with a filled Personal News Feed they can adjust later
- Time zone support: See every date in your time, no matter where you or the server are located
- Show news categories in the compact view of news feeds
- News are now reliably published even after a Confluence restart
- Fixed a bug that ate umlauts at the beginning of intro texts
- Fixed publication date handling when editing news
- Removed stubborn behavior of news teaser images when deleting and re-uploading an image
- Even better support for Confluence 6.7
- Improved the usability for certain non-humanoid life forms on Sqornshellous Zeta
- Blog post preview doesn't show all elements for anonymous users (but honestly, who grants editing permission for news to anonymous users? )
Have you found a bug or a missing feature? Please contact us via www.seibert.biz/help. Let's build a great product together!
- No labels