Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with the Enterprise News bundle is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. The Enterprise News Bundle offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a News Teaser macro with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of the Enterprise News Bundle.
Personalization as a key feature
There's nothing more personal than the Personal News Feed. This macro allows users to decide, what news they want to read there. Corporate News Feed and Cover Stories macros are configured by an admin or editor, but they still offer a high level of personalization via the use of news sections. They allow for a personalized news stream based on the reader's profile information.
1.6.2 Release Notes
- Likes and/or comments are now reliably shown on hover in Cover Stories macro.
- Button label for publishing/scheduling blog posts has been fixed in Confluence 6.
- Prevented unnecessary scroll bars in ENB macros when using RefinedToolkit UI tabs.
- Added button to show older news in mobile personal news view.
1.6.1 Release Notes
- Fixed doubling of news items in certain cases when using Enterprise News Bundle in combination with Linchpin Touch
- Fixed an issue with Cover Stories interfering with a sticky header
- Corrected some colors
- Added line breaks for all long names used in any multi select fields within our macros and configurations
- Made Cover Stories show up correctly when used in combination with the Navitabs add-on
- Fixed an issue that locked the additional info area while editing a blog post in concurrent editing mode
1.6 Release Notes
Enabled compatibility for Confluence Data Center
- This plugin is now Data Center compatible
- Added support for YouTube short links (youtu.be/...) in News Teaser macro
- When configuring a Corporate News Feed or Cover Stories macro you can now use several news sections instead of only one
- Ensured the configured default news teaser image is always used if the News Teaser macro is removed from a blog post
- Made sure notifications are sent when a scheduled blog post is published
- No labels