Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with the Enterprise News bundle is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. The Enterprise News Bundle offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a News Teaser macro with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of the Enterprise News Bundle.
Personalization as a key feature
There's nothing more personal than the Personal News Feed. This macro allows users to decide, what news they want to read there. Corporate News Feed and Cover Stories macros are configured by an admin or editor, but they still offer a high level of personalization via the use of news sections. They allow for a personalized news stream based on the reader's profile information.
1.5 Release Notes
Redesigned Cover Stories, improved functionality and a massive performance boost
- Cover Stories have been redesigned from the ground up. They are now more beautiful, faster to load, and more responsive.
- Features include:
- configurable carousel-style sliders
- additional layout option of one singular tile
- choose which post metadata to show or hide
- Tweaked performance of all ENB macros. Includes viewing Corporate News Feeds and Personal News Feeds.
- Videos will now open in an overlay when clicking on a video news teaser.
- Scheduled posts will now respect space permission changes.
- The "Share" button has been removed in all ENB macros.
- Clicking on "Comment" will lead to the first comment instead of trying to comment when the users does not have commenting privileges.
- Fixed various issues with image scaling, invalid users, and macro previews.
- This update may not activate while Custom User Profile in versions older than 1.17.2 is active. Please update CUP and try again.
1.5.1 Release Notes
A bunch of minor bugfixes
- If a whole row of tiles in a Cover Stories macro delivers no results, there won't be blank tiles anymore
- Fixed the comment count in Cover Stories and News Feed macros, ignoring resolved inline comments
- Fixed a bug with our caching that in certain cases led to excerpts in a wrong language
- Fixed some typos in our news feed macros
1.5.2 Release Notes
- The news teaser macro now recognizes YouTube shortlinks as well.
- We convinced the comment links in our news macros to be active again (they went on strike in version 1.5.1).
- In our macros, we now use Soy templates instead of Velocity templates, potentially fixing some Velocity related errors and reducing necessary maintenance work.
- We suppressed the notifications about "scaled news teaser image" attachments.
- Videos within tiles and overlays will now be resized to fit their containers.
- No labels