Create and read news within your intranet
In this documentation you'll read "news" and "blog posts". Technically both are the same. So if we use one term or the other, please don't be confused.
Creating a news item with the Enterprise News bundle is as easy as creating a blog post inside a standard confluence. In fact, it's the same thing. For larger corporations the standard blog functionality is not enough to model a complex news concept. The Enterprise News Bundle offers a selection of macros to do that, along with tools for creating visually appealing dashboards and news pages, personalization for certain user groups or even users and a set of social features to increase their users' involvement.
Good looking content no matter where it's displayed
As someone who writes news you don't have to know exactly where your news will be displayed. Even if you insert a News Teaser macro with Cover Stories in mind, that same news item will be displayed nicely within Corporate or Personal News Feeds.
Social features to increase involvement
In Cover Stories, Corporate and Personal News Feeds there's always the option to like, comment and share the news. People are used to this kind of functionality and pleased to use them in their intranet, too. Of course information like the "like status" or number of comments is shown consistently over all macros of the Enterprise News Bundle.
Personalization as a key feature
There's nothing more personal than the Personal News Feed. This macro allows users to decide, what news they want to read there. Corporate News Feed and Cover Stories macros are configured by an admin or editor, but they still offer a high level of personalization via the use of news sections. They allow for a personalized news stream based on the reader's profile information.
1.4 Release Notes
Introducing Clickable News Categories, a new way to sift through news and quickly navigate topics.
- Use news categories to organize topics. They are more expressive than Confluence's labels and may contain special characters.
- Configure all the macros you already know and love to show news from specific categories.
- Admins govern available categories, authors select the suitable ones for their news macros.
- Click on news categories wherever they appear and an overlay containing a news feed of just that category will open.
- News Teaser images will now be scaled and cropped automagically to make them look good, no matter what the original size and aspect ratio was.
- The Cover Stories macro will now never display a news entry twice, even if it comes from a different news source or configuration.
- The comment icon will not display if the viewing user doesn't have commenting permissions.
- Added automatic scaling to user and group selection box when selecting approval workflow editors.
- Moved help text in approval workflow editor selection screen to accommodate extremely narrow browsers and bring it more in line with our other help texts.
- Each newly created news post now triggers its own notification in Confluence's notification inbox.
- Closing the blog post editor will now return to Confluence's dashboard instead of that blog post.
- Renaming news sections will no longer change macro configurations.
- Fixed various small bugs concerning Confluence preview functionality in conjunction with our news macros.
- Due to how Confluence's search works our news feed macros only work reliably when displaying less than 500 blog posts at a time.
Please note: This release will be the last one supporting Internet Explorer 9.
- No labels