Installation & Licensing
The Custom User Profile plugin is a type two add-on, please follow the installation instructions as given by Atlassian: Installation steps via Universal Plugin Manager
- Log into your Confluence instance as an administrator.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Find new add-ons screen loads.
- Locate Custom User Profile via search. The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Custom User Profile. You'll be prompted to log into MyAtlassian if you're logged out. Custom User Profile begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Confluence instance.
Planned for Release 1.7
Profile Completion Assistant
If you activate the new Profile Completion Assistant, whenever a user has not filled out all fields marked as required, a dialog will appear where these fields have to be filled.
Thus, you can ensure that all users' profiles have data for the fields that are most important to you or which are needed for your Confluence to function correctly, for example when landing pages are based on these fields.
Users are allowed to close the dialog without filling out the required fields, but it will reappear on each page load until the user's profile has been completed.
"Profile Updated" by Anonymous due to Confluence Synchronization
When Confluence synchronize against any external user management, all of the newly created and updated users will be displayed under the "All Updates" section of "Recently Updated" macro in Confluence dashboard.
Considering the amount of users Confluence will create or update from the synchronization, it would be better if it is excluded from "All Updates" section. Or at least, Confluence should provide the option to exclude these updates.
From Confluence 5.5 and later you can add the following argument in your JVM options to prevent updates to user information appearing in the dashboard https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32081
Parentheses in filters are treated wrong
Since we have introduced complex filters for your custom landing pages, parentheses in filters are treated as logical characters. So your filter might be broken if you try to filter by attributes containing parentheses.
A workaround would be using the wildcard '?' instead of a parenthesis.
"Unknown macro 'profile'" after removing CUP
The CUP overrides the "profile" macro of Confluence and after uninstalling or disabling CUP Confluence claims the macro to be unknown on pages where it is used:
We are working on a solution but until then the best workaround is to restart Confluence.
- No labels