Installation & Licensing
The Custom User Profile plugin is a type two add-on, please follow the installation instructions as given by Atlassian: Installation steps via Universal Plugin Manager
- Log into your Confluence instance as an administrator.
- Click the admin dropdown and choose Atlassian Marketplace. The Find new add-ons screen loads.
- Locate Custom User Profile via search. The appropriate add-on version appears in the search results.
- Click Try free to begin a new trial or Buy now to purchase a license for Custom User Profile. You'll be prompted to log into MyAtlassian if you're logged out. Custom User Profile begins to download.
- Enter your information and click Generate license when redirected to MyAtlassian.
- Click Apply license. If you're using an older version of UPM, you can copy and paste the license into your Confluence instance.
Profile Completion Assistant
See CUP - Profile Completion Assistant 1.7 for further information
since 1.9: Org Charts
You can now define which field of the type "User select (autocomplete)" holds the superior/subordinate connection of one user to another.
since 1.9: Easier field order configuration
In older CUP versions you had to assign position numbers to fields and categories to define the order of fields. Now you are able to reposition fields via drag&drop. Just drag fields to a new position in the same or another category! To reposition the categories themselves, click the "Move category" button, reorder the categories and click "Finish moving".
"Profile Updated" by Anonymous due to Confluence Synchronization
When Confluence synchronize against any external user management, all of the newly created and updated users will be displayed under the "All Updates" section of "Recently Updated" macro in Confluence dashboard.
Considering the amount of users Confluence will create or update from the synchronization, it would be better if it is excluded from "All Updates" section. Or at least, Confluence should provide the option to exclude these updates.
From Confluence 5.5 and later you can add the following argument in your JVM options to prevent updates to user information appearing in the dashboard https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONF-32081
Parentheses in filters are treated wrong
Since we have introduced complex filters for your custom landing pages, parentheses in filters are treated as logical characters. So your filter might be broken if you try to filter by attributes containing parentheses.
A workaround would be using the wildcard '?' instead of a parenthesis.
- No labels