The following organizations are eligible for an Atlassian Academic License:
- Educational institutions: Public or private K-12, vocational schools, correspondence schools, junior colleges, colleges, universities, or scientific or technical schools that are accredited by a national accrediting agency.
- Administrative offices & boards of education: Provincial, district, regional, national and state administrative offices and authorities of the Educational Institutions defined above.
- Public libraries
- Home-school programs
- Research institutes that are affiliated with an accredited university.
- Teaching hospitals that are affiliated with an accredited university.
- Training and teaching organizations that are accredited by a statutory government qualifications body.
Proof of accreditation or affiliation may be required when ordering an Atlassian Academic License.
Atlassian Community Licenses are designed for
- official not for profit organisations and
- charities which are not for profit
- non-government organizations
- non-academic organizations
- non-commercial organizations
- no religious affiliation
- would not otherwise be able to afford Atlassian software
You can get more information on our Community Licenses and apply for one directly with Atlassian.
Atlassian's free Classroom Licenses are designated for educational use by students and teachers within a classroom setting. You can get more information on our Classroom Licenses and apply for one directly with Atlassian.